The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

Solving the mystery...

I asked the playgroup teacher today if they taught her counting. They said through songs like 10 indian boys and 1,2 buckle my shoe. And they taught them how to do the hand gestures for 1-5. No wonder my gal likes 2 best cos she can do the hand gesture for 2.

Told MIL about RaeAnne's counting feat last night and she said Ye Ye taught her to say 3, 4, 5 cos RaeAnne always says 2 only with the hand gesture.

I always read aloud the lift floors to her when we are going up or down the lift. I also play the 10 indian boys song in the car too and will count with my fingers to show her. Think I can claim some credit too.

Anyway, her feat was not repeated. Today, hubby counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but she refused to say anything. Happy for nothing. hee. ;)

It was my neighbour's kid (Adiyah) birthday today and he is also RaeAnne's classmate. So, RaeAnne got a huge Disney colouring book, another set of Pooh crayons (she got 1 set from children's day party), 2 party blowers and lots of snacks including kit kat, gummy bears, biscuits, sweets, jelly etc. All that is fine but I was horrified to hear Teacher Chris tell me that she polished off a slice of ice cream cake on her own. Well, some of the other kids had 2 slices but HEY! I haven't even started giving her ice cream yet except the one occasion when my dad let her taste ice cream without my knowledge/permission. But well, what I can't see, I can't prevent right?

I asked Filamie to boil some chrysanthemum tea with wolfberry today cos chinese barley is OOS at hock hwa. Only put in 6 pieces of wintermelon sweets cos I thought already got wolfberries. But RaeAnne didn't really like it cos it's slightly bitter and not sweet enough. Duh, proves that all kids like sweet stuff and of course ice cream, even those who are not exposed to it. :P Console myself that it's part of her growing process to be exposed to such snacks. As long as we don't give her sweet treats on a regular basis.

Stressed, think got to think carefully about what to include for her BD party packs next jan though. Remind hubby to take 'childcare' leave that day so that we can accompany her to playgroup for the BD party. :)

Oh ya, FIL said she said 'Money' yesterday. :)

No comments: