The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Counting.... after thoughts

A forum mummy friend commented that RaeAnne must have made my day with her counting feat today. Actually, I was surprised, happy yet a bit scared that my little gal is growing up so fast. :P

I remember a Mummy entrepreneur who quit her job to be a full time mum and subsequently started her own childcare business. When she was interviewed in a magazine on why she decided to quit her job.

She told the journalist:
One day, her husband came home and found her crying.
Her husband asked her "why are you crying?"
She replied, "because our son had just counted 1 - 10 today."
Her puzzled husband asked her again, "So, why are you crying?"
And she said, "because I didn't teach him that..."

I could really empathsize with that mummy who felt that she missed out on her son's growth and milestones cos I was a FTWM since RaeAnne was born until she was 12.5 months old. The first thing I asked myself when I heard her counting was where did she learn to count? Was it from me? Was it from playgroup? Maybe just feeling a bit sentimental lor, she was just a little bundle who can only cry, drink milk and poo. Now she's counting 2,3,4. Sigh, think I'll shed a tear when my gal goes to Primary 1 and cry buckets when she gets married. ;P

One thing for sure, Mummy will always love you, Darling. Whether you are a baby, a toddler, a girl, a teenage, a lady, a wife or a mum like me. :)

No comments: