The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finally selected a maid...

Shortlisted a few maids but first choice had family problems, didn't want to come to Singapore yet and no fixed date when she can come. I'm also scared to take such a maid, wait 人在新加坡,心在菲律宾。 Second choice, her English cannot make it according to my agent, take long time to answer question Then there was another biodata which Carine sent to me on 15 July, I shortlisted her cos she has a pleasant looking face, has a ready passport, 31 years with a 8 year old boy. But initially, she told the recruiter that she was scared to look after a new born baby but now willing to come, probably told off by the recruiter and my agent. I wanted to be sure that she really wants to come and work or else I'll waste my time training her so I told agent that I want to do a phone interview with her. Called and called today from 12-1pm but can't get through. Gave up and went to get my lunch.

Just now, finally got to speak to her (Filamie Borla), turns out I don't have v019 service at home. No wonder I call and call also cannot work. I use the zone1511 service that I signed up long ago and I got through to her almost immediately. Thankfully, her English is quite good, other than the time lag, I can understand her and she can understand me. I asked about her son and she said her parents will help her to look after him. I warned her that she may miss him and asked her if she is sure that she wants to come and work in Singapore. She sounds quite enthusiastic to come and work for me and said she hopes I like her. So far ok lar, but only when she comes then I'll know if I really made the right choice. Keep my fingers crossed in the meantime. :P

Oh ya, RaeAnne added a new word to her vocabulary yesterday - black. She said black because I told her if she refuse to wash her face and brush her teeth in the morning, she'll end up like the black cat (on the flashcard) and become an 肮脏猫。 Then she went 'black', 'black'. Allow me to clean her face with towel but still refuse to open her mouth for the toothbrush. ;P

Oh, and yes, Mummy has finally reached the halfway mark in my pregnancy cos exactly 20 weeks today! Actually, I think it's more than half way mark since I delivered RaeAnne at 38 weeks plus. Hee hee. ;)

No comments: