The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Laksa and 鱼香茄子


Tried cooking laksa using instant laksa paste on Fri, but still need to get a lot of ingredients eg. thick bee hoon, bean sprouts, tau pok, cockles, prawns, laksa leaves, fish cake and coconut milk. Hum is my favourite but didn't know they are so sandy, I rinsed 3-4 times still got so much sand. Had to handle them very carefully cos don't want anyone to end up with diarrhoea. hee.

Prima brand's paste would have been better in a way cos at least no need to get laksa leave and chop it up (the maid doesn't know how to chop finely :P), hee. RaeAnne can't take spicy stuff yet so she gets the plain ikan bilis bee hoon soup but the ingredients are similar, she doesn't like tau pok though. She spat out the chopped tau pok and called it 'bone'. Poor tau pok, what an insult! :P Hubby liked the laksa but said it could be spicier. Not sure if he changed his mind though cos after a while he said the laksa got hotter and hotter. hee.

I also cooked '鱼香茄子' today, did it from scratch on my own cos I wanted to try it out before teaching the maid. I followed the recipe book I got from NTUC. For once, didn't get the recipe online so no url to post. But I had to get a bottle of hua diao jiu just for this recipe. :P This time, the maid seems to enjoy it better than hubby. I put 'spicy bean paste' and RaeAnne refuse to try it even though it's not very hot. I added half a teaspoon of sugar to temper the spiciness. Maybe should have added more. :P

No comments: