The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Jacobs Cafe

Went to Jacobs Cafe at Changi Village for lunch today. Still no appetite but I was hoping their delicious Hainanese mutton stew will wake my hibernating stomach. On my way there, I remembered my mum saying no mutton when pregnant. Hiaz! Looks like I can't have the mutton stew after all.

When we arrived at the cafe, I asked the staff and he recommended their chicken stew. It was equally good though not spicy like the mutton stew as the chicken stew was western style. It was a good deal, only $8.30 and the bowl was chockfull of carrot chunks, potato chunks, button mushroom, fresh mushroom and bite-size tender chicken. The broth was thick and flavoursome with just a hint of pepper. It also came with a free drink (lemonade, sprite or Coke) and baguette/rice. I chose baguette but it was still too much for me so I ended passing at least half of the stew to hubby who chose the spicy beef curry served with rice. I don't take beef but hubby said the curry was very nice and thick with very tender beef and potatoes, but it was not very spicy.

No comments: