The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gentle weaning

One of the Jan mummies shared some info about gentle weaning: never offer, never reject. Googled and found this link which is quite useful http://www.babyzone.com/baby/feeding_nutrition/breastfeeding/article/gentle-weaning-techniques.

Realised that I'm guilty of offering when she wake up from her sleep halfway like just now around 11pm when I've only put her to bed at 10pm. Ran into the room to latch again. If not, she'll cry and cry if I'm not there, sit up and fully wake up. Then it'll take me even longer to put her back to sleep. Ya, she complains so long and so loud when I deny her, keep crying and going 'dey dey dey'. :P

After reading her advice on motherhood forum, when my gal woke up at 11:30pm. Seems like she's sleeping in bursts of 30mins even when she's sleeping on my bed and hubby is sleeping with her. This time, I went in and hide in one corner, observe her cries but she didn't stop crying. It only escalated until wailing liao, bo bian go to go and comfort her. But this time I didn't offer the breast to her, straightaway apply what you shared. I just carry her, then put her down again, let her complain and roll all over me. Finally, she found comfortable position with her leg over my thigh and her face hiding in my waist and fell asleep as I patted her. Then I substitute my thigh with bolster and my waist with pillow and sneak out again. Don't know how many times she's going to wake up tonight. Just heard her coughing... :P

No comments: