The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chicken stock and visit to playgroup

Tried cooking chicken stock using the slow cooker as suggested by Bingbing. It's definitely more convenient cos it won't boil over and the water level decreased only by a little so I got lots of stock this time. Also the meat is so tender that when I was picking out the chicken carcass from the stock, they disintegrated. :P I boiled the soup in high heat pot over the stove until boiling then transfer to the slow cooker. Even used boiling water. But I cooked from 4pm till 8pm so I think I wasted a lot of electricity. Hee.

Taste wise, can't tell the difference between slow cooker or stainless pot chicken stock. Think my taste buds not sensitive enough. :P This time, I bought the oil blotting paper from NTUC so didn't bother to remove the fats. Wa, really very oily, my tongue got scalded while tasting the soup. Yesterday, I used the chicken stock to cook shanghai lamian for me and hubby's supper. :)

Woke up earlier than RaeAnne today so I could eat breakfast and get ready while she slept. She woke up at 915am. Since we are early and left the house at 935am to go to Nai Nai place, I decided to go to the playgroup at opposite block to pick up registration form and get her used to the place and teachers. We hung around for close to 1 hr cos the teacher was busy answering phone calls so walked in and out of the classroom while answering my query.

RaeAnne was very wary at first but she warmed up when she saw the teacher aide singing and kids dancing. She even joined them for morning snack (xiao man tou biscuits) while I carried a crying little gal (the teacher said she knows A-Z at 14 mths, so clever) to the toilet to wash her hands. Don't know why but this little gal took to me, she rejected both teachers. When I left with RaeAnne, she called auntie auntie and cried even more. After that, then remembered I'm not supposed to carry any babies. Not sure whether 18mth old gal count or not. Told baby not to be pantang just in case. :P

No comments: