The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maid update

We are shopping at NTUC on Mon night and guess who we met outside NTUC - Carine, the maid agency fierce employee. Haha, she has not updated me about the filipino agent so far. But she took the opportunity to tell my maid that the Filipino agent has checked. Neither her mother nor her husband wants her to go back. Because once she goes back, their families can't survive. Plus, the government has changed so even tourists are finding it hard to travel out of the country. For maids who want to come and work in Sg, 1 filipino and 1 singapore must go to Philippines embassy at Singapore and explain why the maid is needed to work in Singapore. I took the opportunity to tell Filamie off for talking to Colin behind our backs to request to go back to Philippines. She said she will think about it.

I gave her a performance appraisal and $50 as bonus since she worked 1 year with us. Official date should have been today 5 Aug but I confused it with 3 Aug - the day RaeAnne started PG officially. Anyway, she was happy to get the bonus. But being her typical self, proceeded to 'give an inch, take a yard' and ask us for advance. I told her no way we are giving her advance cos she still owes us $ for Penang and upcoming Genting trip. I need to safeguard myself too, what if she decides to go back without telling me and she still owes me $. She said I already decided not to go back. But I told her I can't trust you because you broke my trust and went to tell Colin that you want to go back to Philippines and I was not even expecting that cos you did not say anything to me. I am already being very generous by giving her a bonus when I don't have to. She agreed reluctantly. But told her that I'll ask Carine to ask the Filipino agent to come to our house so that she can pass the $ to her to bring back to Philippines, at least she can save on the Western Union commission.

No comments: