The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gingerbread man

Today, her PG teacher was surprised that she can say 'gingerbread man' cos they did a Gingerbread boy hanging mobile for arts and craft. Explained to them that she has been eating gingerbread boy biscuits since Xmas time. Today I dug out her old Xmas tree paper mobile (done at PG too) and she started singing Jingle bells, jingle bells. Which means she remembers the association with Xmas.

Nowadays, I try to spend at least 30 mins with RaeAnne doing or playing intellectual activities eg. read stories to her, do her kumon books, or do jigsaw puzzles, or teach her to count. Not a lot but better than nothing at all cos at ILs place, she gets 'free play' all the time.

Today, I cajoled and nagged until she said sorry to me for wetting my bed with my water bottle. She opened the cover for me to drink water (cos she saw that I'm pumping) but she can never close the cover properly. When I told her to say sorry, she gave me hubby's alarm clock instead. When I told her I don't want the clock, I want her to say sorry. She threw the clock onto the floor. :P I think it's very sweet of her to do things for me but I wanted her to be responsible for her actions too.

Mei Mei has been making all kinds of sounds recently. But haven't gotten a chance to record it. Everytime I whip out the video cam, she gets distracted and keeps quiet. Spoke to her PD today, her rotarix vaccine is safe (cos old batch) but will hold off until the future batches are fully tested. Asked TMC LC and the PD about her milk strike and why she is more keen to suck her fingers too. LC said she may be teething and to feed when she is less fussy. PD said it's a mouthing instinct and to monitor, if the weight gain is poor, some parents start cereals early. Hubby, me and RaeAnne went to Kyushu fair at TM at 830pm. When we came back at 10pm, Mei Mei was hungry (drank 30ml of EBM) and latched on both sides. She haven't drank so earnestly for 2 days. Hope she poos tomorrow cos she hasn't pooed for 2 days. :P

No comments: