The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

1 more night...

Raelynn's jaundice was 9.3 at today's 9am blood test, above 11 must stay for phototherapy. Decided to stay 1 more day so that she can have phototherapy here, then jaundice can come down faster. Hubby went back in late afternoon though cos MIL got wedding dinner tonight so can't look after RaeAnne.

Called for LC again this morning cos left side (4-5 o clock) painful with slight lump when I BF Raelynn at 330am but overall breast still soft. LC came and said it's congested. Told me must continue to wear nursing bra high to lift my boobs and massage more. Then she told my hubby when he met her outside that she thinks I lack confidence cos of my mastitis history. Ask me to attend parentcraft session again.

Duh... Got pain of course ask to see LC while I'm still warded lar. Wait until discharged meh? (was supposed to be discharged today initially mah). Somemore half hr of TMC LC consultation will be $55 leh. :P She did say my colostrum supply is 'raining' and thick, good for bb though. I do find my boobs getting heavier too. :)

Just now after I finished feeding my gal at 640pm. The nursery staff pushed back to me at 720pm and said she has been crying from the minute I push back until then. Fed her from 720pm to 810pm but she's so sleepy. Sucking but not always strong sucks. Push back to nursery staff and they asked if I want to feed glucose water cos baby keep crying and they are afraid she'll be dehydrated. Bo bian, ask them to feed if interval is less than 1 hr lor. :P

Just finished BF Raelynn at 11.30pm. She's still very sleepy but I used hot towel to massage and stimulate flow just now. Hope she managed to drink more. If not, will have to let the nurses feed her glucose water cos phototherapy is very dehydrating and she needs more fluids. Next BF time will be 3am. Just ate biscuits, going to sleep soon or I won't even get 3 hrs of sleep. :P

No comments: