The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lantern Festival

Today is zhong qiu jie ba yue shi wu, which means little RaeAnne is 8 months old today according to lunar calendar. Bought her a plastic lantern for her first lantern festival celebration but it was too heavy and she keeps dropping it. Can't buy the paper type cos she'll eat or crush it with her hands. Not able to take a photo of her holding the lantern, my aunt had to help her. Maybe next year she can hold her own lantern. :P

Poor RaeAnne fell from the bed this afternoon. First time this happened. I had was latching her on in the bedroom. And she fell asleep, can't transfer to cot or she'll be sure to wake up so I put her on our bed. Wanted to sleep with her but remembered I need to wash the new baby bjorn carrier I bought. Couldn't shout for hubby from bedroom so I put bolster and pillow on the side she's sleeping but forgot to block the side with the small cot and went to look for hubby who was doing some work in the living room. Told him she's sleeping on our bed but he no action so I went to take the baby bjorn carrier into the washing machine so that can use it next weekend. Half way through, heard her crying. Hubby went to attend to her, continue to do my laundry then I heard hubby shouting. Rushed to the room, hubby told me that she fell and he found her in crawling position on the floor. Quickly hug her and sayang her until she stop crying. Sorry darling, both daddy and mummy were tired out from looking after you and got complacent. We should never have left you alone. Bolsters and pillows are moveable objects, you can stlll plow through them since you can already crawl quite well.

Hubby was very heart pained n wanted to rush her to KKH A&E straight away. But I decided to call KKH ask a nurse hotline first cos I dun think the dr will do much except ask us to monitor. Nurse asked me to check her head and limbs for injuries, all seems ok. Luckily, she's back to usual self after crying for a while. Happy, active, crawling and playing like normal. Need to observe 72 hours for any abnormalities in behaviour eg. vomitting. Anyway, lesson learnt for me, hope hubby did too. Don't take things for granted. Housework and school work can always wait. Baby can't. :(

No comments: