The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Daddy is going back to work

More than 2 months after the car accident, Daddy is officially going back to work tomorrow. I said 'officially' because unofficially, he has been going back to school to print exam papers, teach a cartooning module, watch over the GP exam and bring 7 classes of scripts back to mark. All these while he is still on hospitalisation leave leh. A teacher's work is never done, even if you are sick. Duh...

Hubby's latest book 'Why Study Smart?' made it twice to the top 10 top children titles on Sunday times. All the other titles in the chart were bestseller fiction titles like Geronimo Stilton, Diary of Wimpy kid by the seasoned top publishers etc. So, clinching the 9th spot with a non fiction title (involving studying which teenagers obviously hate) is something to be proud of. Congrats Daddy!

How will life change after this? We are still ordering tingkat cos the doctor and physiotherapist are still forbidding me to carry the kids. Trying to cook makes my shoulders ache badly then I'll need to lie down. I really miss carrying Mei Mei but still need to wait for the all clear from the medical experts. :P Definitely, I will need to be more hands on and will pick RaeAnne up from school again so that the maid has time to cook lunch and feed Mei Mei while I am out.

After the Phuket trip, I'm wondering if it's time to restart my 'career' engine ie. take up the postponed real estate sales course or to look for a job near home. We still can't afford to buy a replacement car and taking taxis are taking a toll (they are never around when you need them). Plus, the maid needs a higher pay after her contract ends, Raelynn needs to go to school soon (add expense) and RaeAnne will be starting full day CC next year (another add expense)

The only thing holding me back is that I won't have much time to spend with Mei Mei once I start 'working'. She grew up so fast, although I was home with her, she was taken care mostly by the maid other than breastfeeding. Thought i will have some time before she goes to school in July but post accident recovery took up 2.5 months. Wonder if I'll miss the chance again if I take up an time consuming job after I fully recover, that's why I still prefer flexi hours working arrangement. Oh well, I'll leave it to fate and see how things turn out. :P

No comments: