The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Taking the plunge to be SAHM!

It's final. I've finally done it after procrastinating and wavering for nearly 1 year since RaeAnne was born. I've tendered my resignation on 10 Jan 09 and I'll take a break and be a SAHM (Stay At Home Mum) after that. I've been wanting to spend more time with RaeAnne for the longest time, want to witness whatever is left of her milestones, standing w/o support, walking, talking, etc. After RaeAnne's recent HFMD episode, I feel it even more acutely that no one can replace the role of the parent and it's not fair and not right to impose that responsibility on any babysitter or grandparent.

Actually, my first choice was to work part time instead since my company is supposed to be family friendly. But that didn't seem possible after my very experienced manager left because the department is short and my AD is new. Anyway, she didn't offer me part time even when I tendered my resignation so my hunch was right. But I don't blame her after all the dept is short handed so she don't have someone to take over my portfolio but I can only make my decision based on what feels right. No point working 'part time' when it's doing the full load at half pay right?

Of course, money will be tighter after I quit cos we'll be single income but I think we'll manage as long as we cut down on unnecessary expenses. Must give special thanks for hubby who is ok to be sole breadwinner to support me and baby and my own family esp my mum & bro for their understanding that I won't be able to contribute much during this period. If not, I also can't be SAHM. Anyway, I intend to try relief teaching or help hubby with his book writing business so maybe can still supplement the income. :)

No comments: