The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

RaeAnne's sick

Today, hubby called me at work and told me that RaeAnne's running a fever. ILs called him and true enough, when he went back to get the thermometer, her temperature was 38.7 deg so he quickly brought her to our usual PD. She was fine yesterday night and this morning when I BF her so it's strange that she will suddenly fall sick. There were also tiny red rashes on her hands and feet. The PD suspected HFMD but the rashes didn't look like blisters. They needed to do a urine test so our poor gal had to have a catheter put in. They had to wait 2 hours for the urine sample cos the catheter was loose. Luckily, PD said her urine is clear so not dengue. The PD put in suppository panadol? and that brought her fever down quickly. Hubby said she cried so much at the clinic and fought with the nurse. Poor thing, sayang sayang.

It's my first day back to work and I'm so busy. End up working until 645pm before I could go back to see my darling. Thinking I may take family care leave tomorrow so wanted to clear my work. She looked better when I saw her. We fed her medicine at 730pm because ILs had not given her the 6pm dose yet. She slept at 8:30pm just now but just woke up making noise. Tried to nurse her but she had no appetite, only drank a bit. Hubby carrying her to sleep now, looks like it's going to be a long night.

P.S. She slept again, hubby said let her sleep on our bed tonight since she's sick, special concession but he's afraid he'll crush her in his sleep. I'm also sick, got painful lump on right side, 4 ulcers in my mouth and bodyaches at work. Hubby has 3 ulcers too. Joked with hubby maybe we are the ones with HFMD. :P

No comments: