The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

RaeAnne is 33 months today!

RaeAnne is 33 months today! I've given up on taking a monthly photo of her since she turned 2years old. But today is an exception cos today is also the day of her playgroup photoshoot for the kids. I think it's a great idea cos she is also 'graduating' this year cos I intend to change school for her next Jan. She's getting a bit big for the Learning Train Playgroup cos it's at the RC so only 1 classroom so they had kids from 18 months all the way to 3 years plus.

When I told her this morning that they will be taking photos so she needs to wear socks and shoes. My usual camera shy gal resisted and said don't want to take photo, don't want to wear socks. Had to coax her that if she take nice photo then I'll go down and see her at the photoshoot which is happening at 10am. Actually I was also curious and want to make sure that she looks at the camera instead of looking away which is what she always does when I take her photo. Didn't want to waste my $10.

She was dressed up so pretty cos the teacher had gelled her hair and tied it up with a red ribbon. But because the teacher said if you want to take photo, you better come and take now. So I went into the room. WRONG MOVE! The moment she saw me, she was so manja and sticky, refuse to let me out of her sight. Started to cry and didn't want to sit down with her classmates. Wanted me to stand beside her to take the photo. In the end, I had to hide behind the teacher and her before she was willing to have her group photo taken. I think the teachers were probably secretly irritated with me cos the other parents have left the room but I couldn't because RaeAnne will cry and be all red for her photo taking. Luckily, I redeemed myself by helping the teachers to type in the captions for the group photo. :P

Asked hubby to come back earlier today and went to Eunos Warehouse (3 Kaki Bukit Road 2) and finally bought my ceiling fan for the gals' room. Hubby and I shun ceiling fans and even removed the one left behind by the previous owner in our living room. 1) We think it's wobbly and dangerous 2) It is very difficult to maintain and clean cos we'll need a ladder and end up with a stiff neck. But in the end, the comfort of Raelynn prevailed cos the poor gal is always sweating in her cot. The tower fan is too weak to penetrate her cot bumper while Cheh Cheh also needs the bigger fan to be focused in her direction.

Asked a few forum mummies and even went to renovation forum to research on what is good. Was thinking of Fanco Aroma, Amasco Empire and other big ceiling fans with light. But in the end, bought a small baby fan (Alpha LK1) cos hubby thinks the room is not that big and he feels small acrylic fan blades are safer for kids. We asked for 2 20watt bulbs so that it will be brighter. Costs us almost $300 including installation. For the same price, I still think bigger fan will be more powerful but I think RaeAnne will love the new fan cos it looks so cute. :)

No comments: