The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2008

BB is born!!!

Been so long since I posted at my blog. Water bag burst on 8:30am on 21 Jan 2008 (thought BB really chose to come out on daddy & mummy's Chinese wedding anniversary.) After 16 hours of hours and more than 2hours of pushing, BB finally came out on 22 Jan 2008, 0030hr.

Here's my birth story:
8am Woke up & felt stomachache, went to poo but only a little bit came out. Constipation, sigh.
8:20am Left house to go to office
8:25-35am Waiting at the roadside when I felt discharge coming out abut 3 times. Decided to go to office instead of going home to investigate cos I'll be super late for work if it's a false alarm. Sms hubby.
8:40am Even more discharge coming out, checked and saw that it's bloody water. Quickly called hubby to rush home.
8:45am Reached home in a mess, bloody water staining everywhere.
8:50am Was trying to clean up and put on a pad when Malay neighbour was pressing my doorbell. She and her husband saw me rushing back without evening closing my metal gate so suspected something is wrong. Came over to try and help.
8:55am-9:20am Waited with the wife cos hubby not back yet. Wanted to shower but she asked me not to walk around, paiseh to leave her alone plus bloody water leaking all over, scared I messed up the house even further.
9:30am Hubby came back. Told him we go in ambulance better, otherwise the car sure kenna. :P Ambulance came in 10mins, quickly rushed to pack the last few items and leave. Didn't even have time to shower before I go to hospital. :/
10:15am Reached Delivery suite. Wait in room for gynae assessment. Hungry wanted to eat but midwives don't allow me to eat my bread until after gynae assessment
11:30am Gynae came late cos case notes was late & nurses don't dare to call dr until case notes are here.
11:35am Dr said I'm 2cm dilated and already have contractions (according to CTG) so she said she will induce me to speed up process. Waterbag burst so must deliver within 12 hours. Asked for epi since induction will be painful. Requested for an anaesthesist that the gynae recommend though i will have to pay more. She allowed me to drink some milo. I also sneaked in a bottle of chicken essence.
11:45am Anaesthesist came to administer epi
11:50am - 10:15pm Waited for cervix to dilate, not much pain due to epi. Even watched 7pm "Shou Zu" & 9pm last episode of "Huang Jin Lu". Waited until kancheong, don't know if I can push BB out by 12 midnight. If not her BD won't be 21 Jan 08 liao. :P
10:20pm Midwife asessed that I'm finally 10cm dilated. Phew!!! Time to push. They increased the oxytoxin to help me push.
10:20-11:55pm Pushed and pushed but BB was not in ideal position. Contractions painful like hell, screaming in pain. Keep pressing for more epi but safety mechanism in place, can only have add 3 doses in 1 hr. Keep asking for my gynae who has not arrived. While pushing, the midwives called a male doctor to come in and check my BB's heartbeat. Was not happy to see 2 men coming into the delivery suite despite paying extra for TPS services (so that can choose a female gynae) when I was pushing so I snapped at the dr who came in. Nurses also informed me and hubby that the relatives are waiting outside so felt even more stressed. :/
12midnight Gynae finally arrived. I was not happy. Asked gynae to use forcep or vaccuum but she said can't cos BB's head is not low enough. Felt like dying. But I told myself the only way to end all this pain is to keep pushing until she's out.
0030am BB RaeAnne finally out, Head circumference 34cm, Length 49cm, weight 3255g.

RaeAnne was very alert when borned, she hardly cried and open 1 eye to observe the world while in the delivery suite. The midwives commented that she has a lot of hair and she has dimple on one side. She does look very cute. But the first thought that came to my mind at that time was "Is this my daughter? Don't look like me leh."

Trying to cope as a new mummy. Feeling very lost & overwhelmed. Trying to take things one day at a day. Latching on BB but while in hosp, allowed nurse to cup feed FM when I was in too much pain due to contraction of uterus. I was very swollen due to too much pushing and even had to be put on a catheter. Also showered in the confused and frustrated state in the afternoon after delivery so a bit worried that it will cause long term effect. :/ But luckily got CL so I'll try my best to rest & recuperate during this period.

1 comment:

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi there,

Though I am a little late but Congratulations none the less!!

Take great care of yourself and baby RaeAnne.

Cheers