The BRAND NEW Piggy Family

The BRAND NEW Piggy Family
The cartoon is by Piggy Daddy who is a full time educator and freelance illustrator. Anyone who needs freelance illustrations, please contact us! :)
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Doctor for a Day!


Heard of this children's event from my smh mummy friends. It is organised by Parkway hospitals for children aged 5-10 years old and they rotate the venues.

I signed up for RA when I found out about that the next one will be held at Parkway East hospital (old Eastshore hospital) cos it is the only Parkway Hospital nearest to home. I should have signed RL up too but I wasn't sure as she is not quite 5 years old yet. She only turns 5 yrs old in Dec. But I changed my mind and was glad that I did not sign RL up. When I saw kids as young as RL crying when the programme started or running in and out of the room. They are probably too young to focus for 1.5 hrs.

Anyway, RL was quite upset at the beginning of RA's 1250pm session as she can't join in and she won't have her toy stethoscope. She cried loudly at the registration counter and one of the organising ladies was really nice to give her a stethoscope to stop her tears.

RA was having fun wearing a yellow scrub suit and moving from room to room learning about hand hygiene, how to tie a bandage, change a baby's diapers, doing a procedure at operating theatre, etc. The event was very well organised with a photo session as well as a graduation session at the end when each kid was given a goody bag.

What I appreciated most was that there were activities for the kids at Level 1 too: balloon sculpture, beads art activity and photo taking sessions. RL was having fun and that helped with the waiting as RA only finished past 2pm.

Next year, if they have another event at Parkway east, I will definitely sign RL up.

No comments: